MINISTRY OF LANDS AND NATURAL RESOURCES
LAND ADMINISTRATION PROJECT II ADDITIONAL FINANCING (LAP 2-AF)
DISCLOSURE OF ABBREVIATED RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF CLIENT SERVICE ACCESS UNIT (CSAU) IN CAPE COAST
The Government of Ghana (GoG) through the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources (MLNR) and the Lands Commission is implementing the Land Administration Project Phase II with funding from the World Bank. The Project’s Development Objective (PDO) is to consolidate and strengthen land administration and management systems for efficient and transparent land service delivery.
The GoG has requested for Additional Financing for LAP II and intends to construct a Client Service Access Unit (CSAU) in Cape Coast in the Central Region with part of the funding. The proposed construction will entail involuntary resettlement and environmental impacts. Documents addressing these concerns have been prepared by the Government of Ghana (GoG) through the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources and the Lands Commission. Notice is hereby given for the disclosure of the following documents regarding the safeguard requirement for the Project:
• ABBREVIATED RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN (ARAP)
• ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (ESIA).
The ARAP outlines, among others, the principles, the legal framework, consultations, grievances, redress mechanisms and entitlement matrices of identified impacts and people who are affected by the project activities.
The ESIA, which has already been disclosed, outlines, among others, the environmental and social impacts and mitigation measures that could be applied to address these possible impacts.
Notice is hereby served on the general public that hard copies of the ARAP can be accessed at the under-listed locations;
1. Office of the Technical Director, Lands – Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources at Ministries in Accra
2. Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Office of the Lands Commission in Accra
3. Offices of the Regional Coordinating Council, Cape Coast
4. Lands Commission Regional Office at Cape Coast
5. Office of the Cape Coast Metropolitan Assembly
This Public Notice is also published at the following locations:
• Website of the Land Administration Project – www.ghanalap.gov.gh
• Website of the Ministry of Lands and Natural resources – www.mlnr.gov.gh
• Website of the Lands Commission – www.lc.gov.gh
These documents have also been disclosed at the World Bank’s information shop and website.
For further enquiries about this disclosure, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ag. Executive Secretary